Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A new (old) song written to tell about how to find Salvation in Christ

I've been listening to this song "JUST AS I AM"  Go HERE to HEAR.  It's an old hymn written by Charlotte Elliott in 1835. (never heard of her)  It's sung by many (I mean MANY).  The link is to a very well done version. 

Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidst me come to thee, O lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fightings within, and fears without, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind; sight, riches, healing of the mind,
yea, all I need in Thee I find, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, thour wilt receive, wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve,
because thy promise I believe, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

because thy promise I believe, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Go, listen......I'm going to click the replay button for the 89th time.......

No comments: