Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old Box for a Coffee Table

Here folks, is my great find from yesterday.  It still needs cleaned up and maybe a clear coat on it.  I also think I will put some utility type wheels on the bottom.  My bro. and S.I.L. came to town and just HAD to go antiqueing, darn.  Well, so, they drug me along.  I was kicking and screaming the whole way, you know.


I think I'm gonna like it as a coffee table.  One side opens up like a trunk.  That's even better.  I'll show the finished product later.  The best part is that is was half off the original price.  I go to this shop frequently and never saw this trunk before.  hmmm.  Too bad that couch slipcover wasn't done yet.  I need to get some projects done.  Going to link over at Funky Junk Interiors for the Saturday Night Special LINKY.



Also linking to Southern Hospitality for her THRIFTY TREASURES LINKY

6 comments:

Alisha said...

:) I LIKE....

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Yes yes yes! Love the crate!! I'll take 3 please. :)

Thanks for sharing your 'junk' on SNS!
FJ Donna

Anna said...

the trunk makes a perfect coffee table!

Maggie Elizabeth said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Great idea!!
Happy Thrifting!!

All That Glitters said...

I love that! I'll take 4!! lol!

Angie Holden said...

Love that trunk!!