Sunday, May 16, 2010

my embellished table

I was REALLY having trouble making this table look right.  For weeks I would walk by it and set something on it.  I couldn't get anything to look right.  I was ready to toss it to the curb.  My neighbor gave it to me.  The fact that it was a good shape for this corner was the only thing that made me keep it, plus I was  busy slipcovering that chair.  And here.......

you can see I had one of those old school desks that I am soooo over!  It was fine for a while, but I was ready to deck things out a little more.
I like it so much better.  The pictures just never do things like this justice.  I think I can see my pj's in the glass reflection.

A little closer with the 'lantern' lit.  My one dollar at a garage sale, all bent up and dirty, lantern.  A couple of old books,  a duck I wouldn't let my mother in law get rid of, a layered picture with cool GREEN matting from GW, Spanish moss in an old sewing drawer and a little pot I've had forever.  That about does it.





I'm linking to Metamorphosis Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch!

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

You've pulled together some neat stuff for your vignette, it looks cool! And now you have the perfect place for decorating all year long. Love the chair redo, it looks awesome!

Decor To Adore said...

What a fantastic project! A truly neat metamorphosis.

It took 23 years to complete my most recent project. Come take a peek.