Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home Decor Inspired by Books, especially old ones.

I have the decorating bug.  Nesting bug.  Renewal fever.  Whatever you want to call it.  You should see my house right now.  There are piles of stuff everywhere.  The Inspired Room is hosting a linky party.  So since I am in the process of redoing the dining room I'll show the whimsy and off beat way I decorated the top of the piano after it got moved.  It is in the dining room.  Everything behind me is still a disaster!  So here goes!












I can honestly say, I never would have thought I would decorate with angrams, old books, and cut glass dishes all in one place, but I'm really liking it!  The colors are just so soothing.  The sweet little book is The Bremen Town Musicians and the bigger one is Hi! Mister Robin.  HOW APPROPRIATE.  The two little plastic with brass fake finish were from the trash, seriously.  I'm not sure I love them but there were two scuffs on the wall that were really messing up my scene and the spot just seemed a little vacant.  I've had a fixation on decorating with old books for a long time.  I just love them, inside and out. 

I'll show the rest of the dining room in a future post along with the other make-overs I am working on.  I have moved six pieces of furniture in the last two days and dug two great old junky pieces out of the garage today.  I am speaking the new do-it-yourself home decorators lingo:  shop the house, window mistreatments, thrifted, from my stash, make some new slips, remake, nesting, goin' junking....and so on and so forth.  I am having fun though.  It is time to deep clean around here anyway so it's all good to me.

No comments: