Sunday, February 21, 2010

Online Science Classes: suggestions and requests


I've been getting emails about/from this teacher for a long time. I'm only wishing money were not an object. I would totally go this route with my kids because after Bugs in a Jar, Story of Inventions (love both of those books by the way) and all our science related collections - I got a little lost! here's the link: http://www.homeschoolscienceacademy.com/OnlineClasses.htm But, I thought it would be fun to see if any of you know of online science options and would share them. I mean entire courses that someone else monitors, requires accountability and grades instead of the parent. PLEEEEASE?!!! Just leave a comment. If you see this post return to the top of the page you'll know something was added. Greg Landry is offering 15% off until March 2nd, that makes the cheapest one just under $600. He does offer some free classes, just sign up by giving your email. This is a christian homeschooling father. Please contribute here readers, I've only begun to search. Maybe I shouldn't worry, my 14 year old is right now up in his room building a remote control airplane from scratch. But I'm the mom, that's what I'm here for.
Supercharged Science : I spent about a half an hour at this "e-science" site. You can try it out for 30 days for $1. I just may do that. It sounds right up my alley. After the trial 30 days it is $27 a month. I am not sure how much access this gives you. I'll look into it some more and I have had more information sent to my email.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

HI, JUST PEEKED IN. HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Alisha said...

ME AGIN, IVE ALSO PEEKED AT ABBYS BLOG, WOW JEANIE, IT WARMS MY HEART TO SEE HER SO EXCITED ABOUT BREAD MAKING AND CANNING ,KNITTING, WOW, I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO CAN, I LOVE THE WAY THEY LOOK, AND I JUST FIND IT SO NEAT TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FRET ABOUT, BELEAVE ME, I WAS BLESSES TO SEE SUCH SWEETNESS.

Jean said...

thanks so much, very proud of her (and all the kids) my only daughter is living out many unfulfilled desires of my own. I always wanted to knit and crochet. always wanted to play piano. she doing it all. seems like such simple old fashioned crafts, but we are not letting them die. sewing machine comes soon. (I can do that)