Monday, November 9, 2009

Taco Bell taco sauce, from home. A BLOW to consumerism!


Ever feel like leaving consumerism all together? I sure do. All those brightly labeled bottles that tend to nickel and dime us to death. I felt this way the other day and thought, "Surely someone has figured out a recipe that tastes like the taco sauce from Taco Bell." So, I hopped on the great WWW once again onto recipe zaar, one of my favorite places. I mean, it is just way too hard to look up a recipe in all those cookbooks, ya know. They look nice on the shelf though. eh hem. I just like to try new things. Anyway, I found a recipe! I got no complaints either, it was close enough anyway. This is such good news! Death to consumerism! I think I'm on a roll. Here's the link directly to the print page for you all: http://recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=60254 . On top of it, I used tomato juice, which you can buy a half gallon of for 99 cents most of the time. Wonderful! I came across a blog post called 30 days of nothing. This woman decided not to buy anything unnecessary for well, uh, thirty days....she needs this recipe. Happy taco making. Wonder what I'll find to make for -almost- free next? I'm going to look up toothpaste.

No comments: