Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh, clafouti! (cla-foo-TEE)

cranberry walnut clafouti
Well actually, clafouti is something you eat. It's pretty good too. It's a baked custard like thing with fresh fruit in it and served with 'crem-fresh' on top. It has a French spelling, but for the sake of us dumb Americans, I'll just put it that way. And that is really just and even mix of sour cream and heavy cream. I added a little sugar too. Anyway, in my quest to find recipes that use a lot of cream, I happened upon it on the great www. (Great?) We get fresh farm milk each week and I can end up with 2 1/2 to 3 quarts sometimes! Homemade butter just sits in the fridge unless someone is really in the mood for it and noodles with white sauce once a week just doesn't go over very well here! So, I thought I would tell you about clafouti in case you have never been introduced to it before. We do like to try new things around here. So here is a link to a recipe. CLAFOUTI Ours was blueberry. I didn't want to take a picture of it half eaten and all condensated on after a night in the fridge. So the picture is from the net too. There are lots of variations. yum. I think we'll try the cranberry walnut next, it sounds good and I have all the ingredients already. Bryan doesn't always like my fancy food tryouts. Don't get me wrong, he almost always has no problem eating them but he said, "Clafouti? Couldn't we just call it Steve?"

No comments: