Friday, September 7, 2007

MY HOME MADE MODEL FRIGATE


This summer I had a lot of time on my hands. I had been making model planes out of scrap wood. That got boring, so I decided to make a frigate. A frigate is a fast three masted, square-rigged ( meaning the sails run perpendicular to the ship) sailing war ship of medium size. These were used much from 1750-1850. Frigates had 30-44 guns. One of the most powerful, and most feared by the English, was the Constitution; an American frigate. I made my model out of pine wood, bamboo skewers, and popsicle sticks. It took me two days to build and I recommend a project like this for anyone to try.

3 comments:

Erica said...

That's really neat!! Looks like a pretty nifty ship! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Sam!
That's I pretty neat frigate!
It must have taken you a long time to make.
But I'm sure it was a lot of fun:D

Your loving cousin
Kourtney

Anonymous said...

Neat!
That is really cool:) I think that would take allot of work to make one!

-Kayla
P.S. Neat blog!!